etboo Tuesday, July 3, 2007
=========-
  Home | News | Forum | Classifieds | Features | Users | About Do you etboo?

Home
The Home Page
News
etboo.com News
Upcoming Events
Campus Announcements
Chapel Schedule
Forum
ETBU Issues
Alumni
Lounge
Dogma
Prayer Requests
etboo.com f.s.q.
Old Forum Archives
Classifieds
Textbooks
Other
Features
Staff Editorials
Guest Editorials
Reviews
Articles
Info
FAQs
Cartoons
Links
Personal Pages
ETBU Links
Computer Links
Users
User Directory
Organization Directory
User Registration
Edit User Profile
About
About etboo
About Us
Link to Us
Site Powered by etboocode
News
  More About v2 Thu 7/26/2001 11:25 PM
Jonathan
I have fixed a lot of the little things that were wrong. I still have a fairly lengthy to do list, so don't start complaining yet. I am going out of town for the weekend, so I won't be getting much work done on it. I think everything is stable and all the user stuff seems to be working right now. Now, explanation for some of the new stuff:

• User Accounts: Finally we have user accounts. For now all they do is let you post in the forum, but soon they will let you browse the user and organization directory and post classifieds. I am working on the edit profile page, so you will not be able to change stuff until next week.
  • New Look: I'm sure you have noticed this. Everything has been slightly re-arranged also. There is also a LOT of background stuff that is better, but I won't get into that. Just know it is better than before :)
  • Chat:
  • We have an IRC server up now at irc.etboo.net. You can either use the java client there, or use an IRC client like mIRC to connect. We hang out in the #etboo channel.
  • Search:
  • We have a site search up and running now. I need to tweak it some, but it is there and works.
  • New Forum Software:
  • We finally switched to better forum software. There are a lot of new features. We still have HTML disabled for security reasons, but we have BB code enabled. If you know UBB code from other forums, this is exactly the same. Here is a quick guide:

This forum will not allow you to use HTML tags in your posts. You can, however, use BB code to add styles, etc. to your posts.

Links:
    These forums will automatically turn a complete URL into a link. URLs in the form www.etboo.com or http://etboo.com will be automatically linked; sites that do not begin with "www" must begin with "http://" in order for the automatic linking to work (without the quotes, of course).

To create a link using other text, use this form:
    [url=http://etboo.com]link text[/url]

On the post, this will appear as
    link text

Bold and Italics:
    You can make italicized text or make text bold by encasing the applicable sections of your text with either the [b] [/b] or [i] [/i] tags.

Example:
    [b]Bold Text[/b] will appear as Bold Text
    [i]Italicized Text[/i] will appear as Italicized Text

Quoting other Messages:
    To reference something specific that someone has posted, just cut and paste that you want to quote and enclose it in [quote] [/quote] tags. This will put the text in a block quote.

Example:
    [quote]This is a block quote.[/quote]

Some notes:

Be careful not to put spaces between the bracketed code and the text you are applying the code to.
    BB code is not case sensitive. [QUOTE] and [quote] are essentially the same thing.
I will post more when I think of it.
  **etboo version 2** Wed 7/25/2001 11:56 PM
Jonathan
etboo version 2 is now live. Some of the features are not quite working yet, and the database needs to have some stuff updated, but it is here. The new forums are fully operational complete with user accounts. There is a register link on the top of the forum page. I'm tired, so I won't make a big list of changes and new stuff right now, but we will do that later. I know there are some weird things happening and broken stuff, you can start complaining if it is still like that next monday.

I was only a year late :)
  New Article Sun 12/10/2000 11:52 PM
Jonathan
There is a new article up that is written by Craig Nash about the Christmas season and how we celebrate it. This is one of many semi-regular articles that Craig will be writing for us. Look here for the article.
More etboo.com News »
Campus Events
More Upcoming Events »
Campus Announcements
More Upcoming Events »
New Here?
Click here to find out all about etboo.com
Login to etboo.com
Login
Verse of the Day
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
John 3:16
ETBU Chapel
Wed 12/31/1969

Weather
Click for Marshall, Texas Forecast
etboo.com Site Search
Web Search
google