|etboo.com Forum Posting Agreement
By posting on the etboo forums you agree to abide by the following rules:
If you fail to abide by any of these rules, you may be banned from the forum at the discretion of the moderator.
- Stay on topic. If you want to post about something that does not pertain to one of the other boards, post it in
the Lounge, that is what it is for. Let's keep the other boards on topic. This also means NO SPAMMING.
If you spam the boards you will be banned.
- Keep it friendly. We are open to your opinions on just about everything, but if a discussion
degrades into a flame war, the offending posts will promptly be deleted at the discretion of the moderator.
- No personal slanderous attacks. You can say whatever you want about people's actions and views,
but don't get personal. Offending posts will promptly be deleted at the discretion of the moderator.
- No Trolls. Trolling is when you post something just to get a rise out of people, not because it is something that needs to be discussed. An example
for this board would be someone posting 'God Sucks' or something to that effect. Offending posts will promptly be deleted at the discretion of the moderator.
- No Profanity or Offensive Content. Offending posts will promptly be deleted and you may be banned at the discretion of the moderator. This includes inventive spellings and partially starred out words.
This is by mandate of President Riley. If profanity is discovered here, he will block on-campus students
from veiwing the site.
- No Multi-Level Marketing Schemes. This means Alladvantage and other things like this.
If you get something for getting other people to sign up, then it is a multi-level marketing
scheme and it will not be tolerated in the forums. All posts will be promptly deleted
and the user may be banned at the discretion of the moderator.
- Anonymity. It is OK if you want to post anonymously, but remember that it will be
much easier to take you seriously and believe what you say if you give a real name and valid e-mail address.
Now that we have user accounts, we strongly suggest that you use one if you want to be taken seriously.
- Privacy. When you post, your IP address is logged. If you are on campus it would be possible
for IT to track you down to a certain dorm, and maybe exactly to you personally if you used your name in the host
setting of your network setup. etboo.com data is stored off campus, and etboo administrators are the ONLY people with access to it.
I will not give up your IP address to anyone short of a court order. Still, if you NEED to post absolutely
anonymously for some reason, go to a computer lab or some other place. If you have something that you feel
the students of ETBU need to know about but have to remain anonymous for some reason, contact me and we can work something out.
If you are unfamiliar with internet message boards, and their rules and terminology I suggest that you go
read our Web Etiquette FAQ.